Using the Arduino Board Manager
This is the recommanded way of installation now.
- Open the Settings tab of the Preferences dialog
https://github.com/tenbaht/sduino/raw/master/package_sduino_stm8_index.jsonas an Additional Boards Manager URL
- Select sduino in the Boards Manager list (Tools->Board:...->Boards Manager)
- Click on Install
Wait for the download to finsh and you are ready to blink:
- Open the Boards list at Tools->Board:...
- You should find a new entry "STM8S Boards".
- Choose STM8S103F3 Breakout Board from the list
- Open the standard Blink example from File->Examples->01. Basics->Blink
- Compile it by hitting 'Verify'
Easy, isn't it?
In order to upload the compiled sketch to a connected board you need to install your flash tool first.
Only if you prefer a Makefile based build over using the Arduino IDE or if you would like to help with the development of Sduino you will have to do a manual installation instead.