Building with the Arduino IDE
Sduino now blends in smoothly with the Arduino IDE. Just choose a matching board type from the list of supported boards at Tools->Board and work as usual.
- Open the Boards list at Tools->Board:...
- You should find a new entry "STM8S Boards".
- Choose STM8S103F3 Breakout Board from the list
- Open the standard Blink example from File->Examples->01. Basics->Blink
- Compile it by clickin 'Verify'
- Or upload it to the connected board by clicking 'Upload'
Done! Your first STM8 based project is up and running!
But keep in mind that it still based on plain C and not 100% Arduino syntax. It is close enough, that even some of the stock example sketches work right out of the box, but others will require small modifications.
FIXME: How to access the Sduino adopted example sketches